Monday, August 9, 2010

Creamy Artichoke Chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth (I bought a can, but it didn't cover my chicken, so either buy 3 cans or just 3 bouillion cubes with water.)
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 T butter
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c flour
1/4 c butter
1/2 tsp ground rosemary
2 T cooking sherry or apple juice
1 (14oz) can marinated artichoke hearts
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
3/4 c half and half

1. Saute mushrooms in 2 T butter until golden brown.  Set aside.
2. Slice chicken breast in two. Simmer in chicken broth for 20 minutes.  Remove from broth, reserving 3/4 cup.  ( I would save at least 2 cups.)
3. Arrange chicken breast in casserole dish.  Top with artichokes (I drained mine) and mushrooms; set aside.
4. Melt 1/4 cup butter and stir in flour, salt, pepper, broth (add 3/4 c. to start, mine sauce was very thick and I wish I would have added more broth) and half&half.  Cook until thick, blend in cheese, cooking sherry and rosemary.  Pour over chicken, cover and bake at 325 for 30 minutes.

1 comment: