Monday, February 4, 2013
5 lbs sierra gold potatoes or red potatoes, diced with peel (I have used red and russetts and you can peel if you like, and I just do as many potatoes as I would on the stove for our family)
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup butter, cut into chunks (I dont use this much butter)
• 1 tablespoon salt, plus
• ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 1/3 cups milk, warmed
1. Place the potatoes, water, and butter into a slow cooker.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours.
4. Do not remove the excess water from slow cooker. This adds to the creamy texture.
5. Mash potatoes with a masher or electric beater, adding the desired amount of warm milk to achieve a creamy consistency.
6. Keep warm on low until serving.
7. Potatoes keep consistency for a couple of hours after mashing. Just keep the lid on the slow cooker and serve directly from there
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 lbs chicken breast, chopped to bite pieces
5 cups of mexican blend cheese
1 can of cream of celery
1 can of cream of chicken
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup canned and chopped green chillies (drained)
small corn tortillas
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Brown chicken in a pan on 2 tbsp of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
In a bowl combine cream of celery, cream of chicken, sour cream and green chillies.
Prepare the dish you will assemble the lasagna in. Put 1/2 cup of cream mix on the bottom of the baking dish and spread. Layer a row of tortillas followed with cream mix, chicken and cheese. You should be able to make 3 layers like this. Last layer doesn't need chicken, just a ton of cheese.
preheat the oven to 425 degrees and let it bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted and golden brown on top...
2 ½ cups alfredo sauce (optional homemade recipe below)
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
3 cups shredded Mozzarella, or cheese of your choice
an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray and pour ½ cup alfredo sauce, or just enough to
cover the bottom of the pan. Boil 8-10 cups water in a large pan, cook lasagne
noodles until al dente. (I usually cook 1 or 2 extra just because lasagna
noodles always seem to break on me when I am stirring them.)
this is the important part! Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water to
prevent them from sticking to each other. Then, lay out each noodle individually
and blot dry with a paper towel.
about 2 Tbs. alfredo sauce over each noodle. (if there is too much sauce you
will have a big mess on your hands!) Sprinkle oregano and garlic salt on top of
sauce. Take 1/9 of the shredded chicken and spread it out evenly over each
noodle. Add approx. 3 Tbs. cheese. To roll up, start at one end and roll the
noodle over the toppings. You will need to lift the noodle a little to prevent
squishing out the inside ingredients while rolling.
the roll-ups in the pan, one by one, seam-side down so they don't come undone.
Once they are all in the pan, pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top. Top
with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the
cheese is completely melted on top.
Best Garlic Alfredo Sauce
ounces cream cheese
cups heavy cream (or substitute half and half)
teaspoon garlic powder
tsp. fresh minced garlic
and freshly ground black pepper
tsp dried oregano
cup parmesan cheese
a medium to large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add fresh minced
garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the cream cheese and whisk
to smooth and melted. Whisk in the heavy cream.
with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and whisk frequently
until sauce thickens, around 15 minutes. Stir in the cheese and when melted,
remove from heat and serve.
- 1 pound box of shell pasta
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds bone-in skin on chicken breast
- 1 – 14 ounce bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 – 16 ounce jar alfredo sauce (I used one jar, but I think it need two to make more creamy)
- 1 - 8 ounce block of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- salt, pepper and olive oil for roasting chicken
- lemon pepper (didnt use)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts then season them well with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes. Let the chicken cool until you can safely handle it, then shred it and set it aside. (I didnt do this I just boiled chicken and shredded it)
2. Put a large pot of salted water (at least a gallon) to boil. Once it’s come to a rolling boil pour the pasta into the pot, stir occasionally to prevent sticking and to ensure even cooking. Once it’s finished, drain pasta and set aside.
3. Steam the broccoli in the microwave by dumping the bag in a microwave safe container. Add a little water then cover tightly with plastic wrap – don’t forget to poke a few holes to let steam out. I cooked mine for 4 minutes – they don’t have to be completely cooked through.
4. Get a large bowl out add pasta, shredded chicken, cheese, broccoli and alfredo sauce, then season well with lemon pepper. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with Pam and pour the pasta mixture then sprinkle the top with more cheese. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 25 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes, or if you like your cheese to brown and bubbly, you can place it under the broiler for a few minutes instead. Enjoy!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 2 avocados
- 1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (I use about half the cheese this is a lot)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (1/2 the cheese)
- 8 (7 inch) tortillas
- Puree the chicken broth, salsa verde, sour cream, avocados, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper, cilantro and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Mix the half of the sauce with the chicken, avocado, green onions and half of the cheese.
- Coat the bottom of a large baking dish with some of the sauce, wrap the chicken and avocado mixture in the tortillas and place them in the dish.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and cheese and bake in a preheated 350F oven until the cheese has melted and the sides are bubbling, about 15-20 minutes.
Sunday, February 3, 2013
36 chicken wings
1 tbs veggie oil
1 tsp salt
1 c flour
1 1/2 tbs white vinegar
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
6 tbs Louisiana hot sauce
6 tbs unsalted butter
Toss wings with oil and salt. Toss in flour. Shake off excess flour, pl ace on oiled foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425*for 20 mins turn and bake 20 more mins.
While wings are baking, mix all ingredients for sauce in pan over low heat. Bring to simmer, stirrng occasionally. Remove from heat.
Place cooked wings in bowl, pour sauce over and toss until completely coated.
Honey bbq wings:
2 cloves garlic
1 tbs canola oil
1/2 c honey
1/4 c ketchup
2 tbs oj
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp cinder vinger
1 tsp worstershire sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp pepper