1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp warm water
1. Mix soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, red wine vinegar, sugars, garlic, and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir with whisk until sugar is dissolved.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp warm water and cornstarch until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
3. Heat sauce over medium high heat and slowly whisk in cornstarch mixture. Simmer until thickened.
Turkey Lettuce Wrap:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup finely chopped broccoli
2 lg carrots, peeled and grated
1/2 cup diced onion
8 lg lettuce leaves
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add diced onions and cook until soft.
2. Crumble ground turkey and garlic into pan. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Add grated carrots and chopped broccoli about halfway through, when the turkey is still somewhat pink.
3. Pour teriyaki sauce over cooked turkey and veggie mixture. Stir and let simmer for about 5 minutes to combine flavors.
4. Spoon meat mixture into individual lettuce leaves. Serve immediately.